You are here: Home / Trekking / Expedition Tocllaraju
Expedition Huascaran (05 Days)
- Duration: 05 days
- Dificult: Difficult
- Artesonraju: 6768 msnm
- Season:June - August
It is located in the Yungay province, north east of Huaraz. The whole wall is made of blue ice and it is recommended to have good crampons and ice axes. From the top you can appreciate some great views of the Cordillera Blanca.
Lima – Huaraz ( A Bus transfer, Travel duration around 8 hours or 50 minutes Flight from Lima
- Day 01: Huaraz – Musho – Base Camp 4250 m
From Huaraz we will drive to a village called Musho, where we will start our hike, first going through a forest of eucalyptus trees, until we get to base camp. We will also have donkeys and donkey drivers with us during this hike. Approx. 4 to 5 hours.
- Day 02: Base camp – Camp 1 5260 m
On that day we will begin our hike by going through a huge granite moraine until reaching a wide glacier, where we will get to 5260m and set up camp for the night. Approx. 5 to 6 hours.
- Day 03: Camp 1 – Camp at the bottom of the Escudo 6000 m
We will begin the hike up in the middle of the night, climbing the 400m wall with a 55° to 65° inclination. Then, we will walk along a ridge until we reach our goal, where we will have a spectacular view. Later we will go down using the normal route, with two rappels on different sides until reaching Camp 2 where we will spend the night. Approx. 6 to 7 hours.
- Day 04: Camp (escudo) – Summit 6768 m – Camp 2
We will use the same route as before to Base Camp 4250 m. Approx. 4 to 5 hours.
- Day 04: Camp 1 – Base camp – Huaraz
We will go down to the village of Musho where our vehicle back to Huaraz will be waiting for us. 3 hour walk, 2h ½ of transport.
- Tour of Aclimatizzation
- Peruvian Mountain Guide (UIAGM / AGMP)
- Specialised cook
- Entrance to the Huascaran national park.
- First-Aid kit
- Private transport between Huaraz / start and end of trek.
- Complete meals during the trekking program
- Donkey driver
- Kitchen / dinning tent.
- Collective technical equipment
- Camping equipment
- Tent for 2 Person
- Toilette tent
- Travel accident and health insurance
- Pick-up from the station and transfer to the Hotel reserved for you in Huaraz.
- Transfers from the airport / hotel / airport - Lima
- Hotel accommodation in Lima.
- Tour of the city
- Transfer from the station to the hotel / station / hotel - Lima
- Bus ticket Huaraz / Lima,
- Hotel accommodation in accordance with tour program.
- Food and drink in Lima and Huaraz
- Travel luggage and Travel cancellation insurance
- Not mentioned food and beverages
- Personal Spending
- Personal equipment (tent, sleeping bag, backpack, harness, hiking pants, mountain jacket (goretex), hiking shoes, matraz, suitable clothing, personal medicine, crampons, ice axe, sunglasses, etc.)
Prices & Dates
Season:June - August
Dates & Prices:
From / To
00.00 - 00.00.2018
2 pax: ? per person
Photo and Video