You are here: Home / Trekking / Climbing Nevado Vallunaraju
Climbing Nevado Vallunaraju
- Duration: 02 days
- Altitud: 5686 msnm
- Route: Huaraz - Llaca - Vallunaraju
- Dificult: Moderate to difícult
- Season: June - Augost
Vallunaraju is located in the northern part of the Ranrapalca Glacier, in the Cordillera Blanca. It can be seen from the city of Huaraz and has an icy climate. Its name is Quechuan, meaning Peak of dreams and has spectacular views of the Cordillera Blanca. It is a mountaineers´ favourite mountain because of its relatively easy access and is also a good way to acclimatize.
Day 01: Huaraz - Moraine Camp(4800m)
Journey in shuttle vehicle for approx 1 ½ to 2 hours. Then, we will climb to Campo Morrena with a view of Ranrapalca Peak, Ocshapalca until reaching 4800m where we will camp for the night. Approx. 3 hours.
Day 02: Moraine Camp - Summit Vallunaraju(5686 m)
The hike will start at 2 am, going across several moraines until we reach the wide glacier and climb to the top where we will be rewarded with views of the Ranrapalca, Huantsan and other peaks. Later, we will descend to Moraine camp.
Walk back down to the refuge and return to Huaraz in the shuttle. Approx. 5 hours.
- Entrance fee to the Huascarán National Park, US$25.00 per person
- Transfer hotel/busstation – Huaraz in Hotel
- Peruvian Local Guide
- Cook (s)
- Porter (for climbing part)
- Private transportation Huaraz/according to the program/Huaraz
- Complete meals during the trek program and climbing program
- Kitchen/dinning tent
- Cooking equipment
- Collective technical equipment
- Toilette tent
- Tents for 2 Person
- Travel accident and health insurance
- Transfer/bus station/Hotel – Lima
- Transfer airport/hotel/airport – Lima
- Nights Hotel in Lima / Double room with breakfast included
- City touring Lima
- Hotel In Huaraz,according to the program 2 nights. Double room with breakfast included
- Bus ticket Huaraz/Lima, executive service in public bus-Movil Tours or Cruz del Sur
- Donkey drivers
- Horse(in case of emergency,for trekking parts)
- Travel luggage and Travel cancellation insurance
- Not mentioned food and beverages
- Personal Spending
- Personal camping and climbing equipment (sleeping bag, climbing boots, crampons, ice axe, gaiters, harness, snow glasses, appropriate clothes, personal medicines, etc.)
2020 Andean Peaks S.A.C.
All Rights Reserved | Site by INDEX.pe