You are here: Home / Trekking / Expedition Nevado Ranrapalca
Expedition Nevado Ranrapalca
- Duration: 04 day
- Altitud: 6162 msnm
- Route: Huaraz - Pashpa - Valley Ishinca - Huaraz.
- Dificult: Dificilt
- Season: june - august.
Located North East of Huaraz, its name comes from the Quechua language. Ranra means “rock” while Palca stands for “branch shaped”. Its normal route is via the North East face, with its rocky sections. There are spectacular views from the top, of the Cordillera Blanca as well as the Cordillera Negra.
- Day 01: Huaraz – Base Camp Ishinca (4350m)
From Huaraz, we will drive to Cochapamapa where our donkey driver will be waiting. There we will begin our walk through a forest of Quenuales until Base Camp. Approx. 4 hours.
- Day 02: Base camp – High Camp (5200m)
On the second day we will take the route to the Ishinca Glacier, using a zigzag trail to the col (mountain pass) located between the Ranrapalca and Ishinca glaciers. We will set up camp there. Approx. 4 hours.
- Day 03: High Camp – Top (6162m) – Base Camp
We will start the hike at 1 am. The first part will be a zigzag trail to the 240m wall which we will climb. At the top, we will have a great panoramic view. Then, we will go back down to base camp.
- Day 04: Base camp – Huaraz
On the last day, we will have an easy walk to Cochapampa and will go back to Huaraz in our vehicle. Approx. 3h1/2.
- Entrance fee to the Huascarán National Park, US$25.00 per person
- Transfer hotel/busstation – Huaraz in Hotel
- Peruvian Local Guide
- Cook (s)
- Porter (for climbing part)
- Private transportation Huaraz/according to the program/Huaraz
- Complete meals during the trek program and climbing program
- Kitchen/dinning tent
- Cooking equipment
- Collective technical equipment
- Toilette tent
- Tents for 2 Person
- Travel accident and health insurance
- Transfer/bus station/Hotel – Lima
- Transfer airport/hotel/airport – Lima
- Nights Hotel in Lima / Double room with breakfast included
- City touring Lima
- Hotel In Huaraz,according to the program 2 nights. Double room with breakfast included
- Bus ticket Huaraz/Lima, executive service in public bus-Movil Tours or Cruz del Sur
- Horse(in case of emergency,for trekking parts)
- Travel luggage and Travel cancellation insurance
- Not mentioned food and beverages
- Donkey drivers
- Personal Spending
- Personal camping and climbing equipment (sleeping bag, climbing boots, crampons, ice axe, gaiters, harness, snow glasses, appropriate clothes, personal medicines, etc.)
Nev. Ranrapalca Summit
2021 Andean Peaks S.A.C.
All Rights Reserved | Site by INDEX.pe