You are here: Home / Trekking / Trekking Cedros Alpamayo
Trekking Cedros Alpamayo
Circuit cedros Alpamayo
- Duration: 11D/10N
- Altitud: 4850 msnm
- Route: Circuit Cedros Alpamayo
- Dificult: Moderate
- Season:April - October
This is one of the most beautiful circuits in Cordillera Blanca. The most attractive part of it is Alpamayo Mountain, considered the most beautiful mountain in the world. Besides, we get to see some splendid colorful lagoons.
Lima – Huaraz ( A Bus transfer, Travel duration around 8 hours or 50 minutes Flight from Lima
Huaraz - Aclimatizzation Churup lake
This is a very good hike for acclimatizing. From Huaraz we go by car to the village of Pitec. On the way we pass several picturesque villages, such as Unchus and Llupa.
At 3850 meter we start our easy hike up to Lake Churup with its blue colors sitting at an altitude of 4440 m underneath snow-capped Churup mountain (5495). The last 100 meter before arriving to the lake involves some scrambling over steep rocks. And then come back to Huaraz for the same way.
- Day 01: Huaraz 3100 m – Cashapampa 2900 m - Llamacorral 3760 m
We will go North from Huaraz by private transportation, passing by Callejon Huayalas. On the way, we will obser some towns – Carhuaz, Yungay, Caraz, and we will arrive to Cashapampa (2900 m). There, our carrier will be waiting for us with the mules for transporting our luggage. We will start our trail towards Llamacorral, where we’ll spend the night.
Duration: approx. 5 hrs of walking.
- Day 02: Llamacorral – Taullipampa 4250 m
We will start our trail early morning, passing by the beautiful lagoons Ichiccocha (3850 m) and Hatuncocha (3900 m). The path will go in a zigzag until Alpamayo Base Camp, where we will enjoy amazing panoramic views on Alpamayo, Artesonraju, Aguja, and Caraz mountains. From there, we will descent to Taullipampa Camping (4250 m).
- Day 03: Taullipampa – Punta Union Pass 4750 m – Tuctupampa
After an early breakfast, we will start our 4 hours trail to Punta Union Pass (4750 m). It offers magnificent views on Taulliraju, Artesonraju, Pukajircas, Quitaraju, Alpamayo mountains and on some lagoons. We will descent to Tuctupampa (4200 m), where we will spend the night.
- Day 04: Tuctupampa – Pucajirca Pass 4640 m – Quisuar
After breakfast, we will start an approximately 3 hours ascent to Pucajirca Pass (4640 m). We will enjoy the spectacular views on some mountains: Chacraraju, Taulliraju, Chopicalqui, and others. We will descent on a zigzag trail to the Quisuar Camping (3950 m), passing by the Huescroncocha lagoon.
- Day 05: Quisuar – Tupatupa Pass 4400 m – Jancapampa
We will walk for approximately 3 hours to Tupatup Pass (4400 m). We will descent to Pucajirca Base Camp, then to Jancapampa Camping (3600 m), where we’ll spend the night.
- Day 06: Jancapampa – Yanacón Pass 4610 m – Huillca
Early breakfast. We will walk to Yanacon Pass (4610 m), enjoying the amazing landscapes. From the pass, we will descent to Huillca Camping (4000 m).
- Day 07: Huillca – Tayapampa
We will have a light walk of approx. 2 hours to Mesapata Pass (4460 m). From there, we will go on along Moyobamba Valley to the camping of Caracara Pass (4400 m).
- Day 08: Tayapampa – Jancarurish – Ruinapampa
After breakfast, we will ascent to Caracara Pass (4830 m), enjoying the landscapes. From the pass, we will spot the North side of some mountains like Alpamayo, Quitaraju, Santa Cruz, and others. After a two hours descent, we will get to our next camping – Ruinapampa (4100 m).
- Day 09: Ruinapampa – Osoruri
We will continue going for approx. 4 hours on a zigzag trail until Ichicvientona Pass (4770 m). It offers spectacular views on Milluaraju and Santa Cruz mountains. We will keep on walking for one hour to the next camping – Osoruri (4560).
- Day 10: Osoruri – Cullicocha – Calamina
We will start the day with a light one hour walk to Jatunvientona (4860 m). Later, we will descent to Cullicocha Lagoon. From there, we will observ the base camp of Santa Cruz Mountain. We will arrive to the last camping of our trekking – Calamina (3900 m).
- Day 11: Calamina – Hualcayan – Huaraz 3100m
After having our last breakfast, we will be descenting for 3 hours, until Hualcayan (3000 m). Our private transport will be waiting for us at Huascaran National Park checking point. Transffer to Huaraz.
- Tour of Acclimatization
- Peruvian Local Guide
- Specialised cook
- First-Aid kit
- Private transportation Huaraz / according to the program / Huaraz
- Complete meals during the trekking program
- Entrance fee of National Park Huascaran
- Donkey Driver
- Cooking equipment
- Collective technical equipment
- Toilette tent / for 2 Person
- Transfer airport/hotel/airport – Lima
- Nights Hotel in Lima / Double room with breakfast included
- Transfer/bus station/Hotel – Lima
- Bus ticket Huaraz / Lima, executive service in public bus-Movil Tours or Cruz del Sur
- Transfer hotel / busstation – Huaraz in Hotel
- Hotel in Huaraz, according to the program (3 nights). Double room with breakfast included
- Horse (in case of emergency, for trekking)
- Tour of the city
- Travel accident and health insurance
- Food and drink in Lima and Huaraz
- Personal equipment (tent, sleeping bag, backpack, harness, hiking pants, mountain jacket (goretex), hiking shoes, matraz, suitable clothing, personal medicine, crampons, ice axe, sunglasses, etc.)
Prices & Dates
Season:Abril - December
Dates & Prices:
Off-Price: 1000,00 - 800,00 USD from 04 pax, per person
From / To
02.04 - 12.04.2018
Photo and Video