You are here: Home / Trekking / Climbing Nevado Chopicalqui
Climbing Nevado Chopicalqui
- Duration: 04 days
- Altitud: 6350 msnm
- Route: Huaraz - Llanganuco - Curva de chopicalqui
- Dificult: Moderate to difícult
- Season: June - Augost
El Chopicalqui is the third Huascaran peak of the massif, located in the Cordillera Blanca, between the two peaks of the Huascaran and Contrahierbas, in the Yungay province. The trail inside the valley goes around the edge of the two beautiful, with emerald-like water lakes of Llanganuco: chinacocha (Female lake) and Orconcocha (Male Lake).
Day 01: Huaraz - Base Camp(4430m) – Moraine Camp(4900m)
From Huaraz we will go to the second curve of the Portachuelo del Llanganuco pass, going through the Callejon de Huaylas until Yungay, before heading East of Huaraz.
Then, we will reach the Llanganuco Valley where we will be able to observe two lakes with emerald-like water: Chinancocha and Orconcocha.
We will start our hike passing through the Quenuales forest, before reaching a ridge and continuing until we reach Campo Morrena where we will spend the night. Approx. 4 to 5 hours.
Day 02: Moraine Camp - High Camp(5350m)
We will start the hike by crossing several moraines until we reach the glacier. Then, we will start the journey up to the 5380m point where we will set up camp. Approx. 4 hours.
Day 03: High Camp - Summit (6350m) - Moraine Camp
We will start our hike at 1 am, ascending until we reach the ridge, before continuing onto the first wall (50m, 50-60°) and then the second wall (60m, 50-65°) (please note that the inclination varies every year). We will climb to the top where great mountain views will await us. Later, we will descend to Campo Morrena. Approx. 5 to 6 hour hike.
Day 04: Moraine Camp - Huaraz
On the last day, we will descend to the curve, where our ride will be waiting for us to return to Huaraz. Approx. 3 to 4 hours.
- Entrance fee to the Huascarán National Park, US$25.00 per person
- Transfer hotel/busstation – Huaraz in Hotel
- Peruvian Local Guide
- Cook (s)
- Porter (for climbing part)
- Private transportation Huaraz/according to the program/Huaraz
- Complete meals during the trek program and climbing program
- Kitchen/dinning tent
- Cooking equipment
- Collective technical equipment
- Toilette tent
- Tents for 2 Person
- Travel accident and health insurance
- Transfer/bus station/Hotel – Lima
- Transfer airport/hotel/airport – Lima
- Nights Hotel in Lima / Double room with breakfast included
- City touring Lima
- Hotel In Huaraz,according to the program 2 nights. Double room with breakfast included
- Bus ticket Huaraz/Lima, executive service in public bus-Movil Tours or Cruz del Sur
- Donkey drivers
- Horse(in case of emergency,for trekking parts)
- Travel luggage and Travel cancellation insurance
- Not mentioned food and beverages
- Personal Spending
- Personal camping and climbing equipment (sleeping bag, climbing boots, crampons, ice axe, gaiters, harness, snow glasses, appropriate clothes, personal medicines, etc.)
2023 Andean Peaks S.A.C.
All Rights Reserved | Site by INDEX.pe