You are here: Home / Trekking / Climbing Nevado Copa
Climbing Nevado Copa
- Duration: 04 days
- Altitud: 6188 msnm
- Route: Huaraz - Vicos - base camp legiacocha
- Dificult: Moderate
- Season: May – Augost
Copa is one of the most beautiful mountains of the Cordillera Blanca and attracts much attention in Huaraz. It is famous for being the easiest 6000+ mountain to climb in the Cordillera Blanca and, even though it has many crevices to cross or negotiate, it still offers an impressive southern side, with couloirs and sections of rock and ice ridges. This mountain definitely is a good choice for new openings.
Día 01: Huaraz – Vicos (3100 msnm) – Base Camp Legiacocha (4700 msnm)
From Huaraz we will drive to Pueblos Vicos, there we will start our hike going through the village, then we will carry on a zigzag trail through the Eucalyptus forest until we reach Base Camp. Approx. 4 to 5 hours.
Día 02: Base CampLegiacocha – High Camp (5200 msnm)
We will walk along the shore of the Legiacocha lake during our journey to the mountain, before hiking up to the High Camp where we will stay the night. Approx. 4 hours.
Día 03: High Camp – Summit Copa (6188 msnm), Base Camp.
The hike will start at 1 am by zigzagging over the glacier and crossing crevices, until we reach our target, where we will be rewarded with incredible views of the mountains.
Then, we will make our way down to High Camp where we can rest and descend to base camp. Approx. 6 hours
Dia 04: Base Camp – Vicos - Huaraz
On the last day, we will descend to Vicos, where our shuttle bus will be waiting to take us back to Huaraz. Approx 4 hours.
- Entrance fee to the Huascarán National Park, US$25.00 per person
- Transfer hotel/busstation – Huaraz in Hotel
- Peruvian Guide certified by UIAGM
- Cook (s)
- Porter (for climbing part)
- Donkey drivers
- Private transportation Huaraz/according to the program/Huaraz
- Complete meals during the trek program and climbing program
- Kitchen/dinning tent
- Cooking equipment
- Collective technical equipment
- Toilette tent
- Tents for 2 Person
- Travel accident and health insurance
- Transfer/bus station/Hotel – Lima
- Transfer airport/hotel/airport – Lima
- Nights Hotel in Lima / Double room with breakfast included
- City touring Lima
- Hotel In Huaraz,according to the program 2 nights. Double room with breakfast included
- Bus ticket Huaraz/Lima, executive service in public bus-Movil Tours or Cruz del Sur
- Horse(in case of emergency,for trekking parts)
- Travel luggage and Travel cancellation insurance
- Not mentioned food and beverages
- Personal Spending
- Personal camping and climbing equipment (sleeping bag, climbing boots, crampons, ice axe, gaiters, harness, snow glasses, appropriate clothes, personal medicines, etc.)
2020 Andean Peaks S.A.C.
All Rights Reserved | Site by INDEX.pe