You are here: Home / Trekking / Climbing Nevados Yanapaccha & Chopicalqui
Climbing Nevados Yanapaccha & Chopicalqui
- Duration: 06 days
- Dificult: Easy
- Yanapaccha: 5460 msnm
- Chopicalqui: 6354 msnm
- Route: Route Normal
- Season:April - Noviembre
is located in the Central Andes of South America, in the Cordillera Blanca range and Huascaran National Park. This mountain can be climbed all year round, and is a good place for climbing and rescue courses due to the amount of crevices and climbing walls.
Its name comes from Yana, which means black and Paccha, which means waterfall. Its full name would mean Waterfall in a black mountain.
is the third Huascaran peak of the massif, located in the Cordillera Blanca, between the two peaks of the Huascaran and Contrahierbas, in the Yungay province. The trail inside the valley goes around the edge of the two beautiful, with emerald-like water lakes of Llanganuco: chinacocha (Female lake) and Orconcocha (Male Lake)
Lima – Huaraz ( A Bus transfer, Travel duration around 8 hours or 50 minutes Flight from Lima
Acclimatization Churup lake
This is a very good hike for acclimatizing. From Huaraz we go by car to the village of Pitec. On the way we pass several picturesque villages, such as Unchus and Llupa.
At 3850 meter we start our easy hike up to Lake Churup with its blue colors sitting at an altitude of 4440 m underneath snow-capped Churup mountain (5495). The last 100 meter before arriving to the lake involves some scrambling over steep rocks. And then come back to Huaraz for the same way.
- Day 01: Huaraz - Campo Morrena (5000m)
The day starts from Huaraz, where we will take the road towards Huaylas until Yungay, before heading East. Then we will go through the Llanganuco Valley, where you will be able to see the twin lakes Chicacocha and Orconcocha. We will continue until we reach Kilometer 42. Once there, we will start our hike, going through Campo Morrena. Approx. 3.5 hrs of transport and a 4-hour walk.
- Day 02: Campo Morena – Cumbre (5460) – Campo Morrena (5000m)
We will start hiking the ascent at 3 am, crossing a moraine until we reach the wide glacier. We will then climb the 180m Wall (50-60°) until we reach the summit. There, we will enjoy spectacular views of glaciers, such as the Huascaran, Chopicalqui, Pisco, Huandoys and others. Later, we will start descending via a ridge, with views of the Chacraraju, to the moraine camp. The ascent is approx. 5 to 6 hours. The descent to camp is approx. 3 to 4 hours.
- Day 03: Morraine Camp - Base Camp Chopicalqui.
On the third day, we will go back down to kilometers 42 after we will continue to Base base chopicalqui, where we will camp for the night. 2 to 3h of descent.
- Day 04: Base camp (4430m) – Campo Morrena (4820m)
We will start our hike by a ridge and continuing until we reach Campo Morrena where we will spend the night. Approx. 4 to 5 hour
- Day 05: Campo Morena - High Camp (5380m)
We will start the hike by crossing several moraines until we reach the glacier. Then, we will start the journey up to the 5380m point where we will set up camp. Approx. 4 hours.
- Day 06: High Camp - Cumbre (6354m) - Campo Morena)
We will start our hike at 1 am, ascending until we reach the ridge, before continuing onto the first wall (50m, 50-60°) and then the second wall (60m, 50-65°) (please note that the inclination varies every year). We will climb to the top where great mountain views will await us. Later, we will descend to Campo Morrena. Approx. 5 to 6 hour hike.
- Day 07: Campo Morena - Huaraz
On the last day, we will descend to the hairpin, where our ride will be waiting for us to return to Huaraz. Approx. 3 to 4 hours
- Tour of Aclimatizzation
- Peruvian Mountain Guide (UIAGM / AGMP)
- Specialised cook
- Entrance to the Huascaran national park.
- First-Aid kit
- Private transport between Huaraz / start and end of trek.
- Complete meals during the trekking program
- Donkey driver
- Kitchen / dinning tent.
- Collective technical equipment
- Camping equipment
- Tent for 2 Person
- Toilette tent
- Travel accident and health insurance
- Pick-up from the station and transfer to the Hotel reserved for you in Huaraz.
- Transfers from the airport / hotel / airport - Lima
- Hotel accommodation in Lima.
- Tour of the city
- Transfer from the station to the hotel / station / hotel - Lima
- Bus ticket Huaraz / Lima,
- Hotel accommodation in accordance with tour program.
- Food and drink in Lima and Huaraz
- Travel luggage and Travel cancellation insurance
- Not mentioned food and beverages
- Personal Spending
- Personal equipment (tent, sleeping bag, backpack, harness, hiking pants, mountain jacket (goretex), hiking shoes, matraz, suitable clothing, personal medicine, crampons, ice axe, sunglasses, etc.)
Prices & Dates
Photo and Video