You are here: Home / Trekking / Trekking Santa Cruz & Ulta
Trekking Santa Cruz & Ulta 06 Days
- Duration: 06D/05N
- Altitud: 3600 – 4860 m
- Route: Trekking Santa Cruz - Ulta
- Difficulty: Moderate
- Season:April – October
This is an extension of the classical Santa Cruz trek. It starts in Huaripampa Valley. The trek includes two high passes – Punta Union (4700 m), and Yanayacu Pass (4860 m), which is close to the mountains Huascaran and Chopicalqui. Our last camping place is close to Avalancha. The trek finishes in Ulta Valley.
Lima – Huaraz ( A Bus transfer, Travel duration around 8 hours or 50 minutes Flight from Lima
Huaraz - Aclimatizzation Churup lake
This is a very good hike for acclimatizing. From Huaraz we go by car to the village of Pitec. On the way we pass several picturesque villages, such as Unchus and Llupa.
At 3850 meter we start our easy hike up to Lake Churup with its blue colors sitting at an altitude of 4440 m underneath snow-capped Churup mountain (5495). The last 100 meter before arriving to the lake involves some scrambling over steep rocks. And then come back to Huaraz for the same way.
- Day 01: Huaraz – Cashapampa – Llamacorral
After breakfast, we will transfer to Cashapampa (2900 m). On the way, we will pass by Huaylas Valley, observing some towns – Carhuaz, Yungay, Carhuas. Our carriers will be waiting for us in Cashapampa. There, we will start the trekking in Santa Cruz Valley, up to Llamacorral camping (3700 m).
- Day 02: Llamacorral – Taullipampa 4200 m
After breakfast, we will start the trek passing by the turquoise lagoons Ichiccocha (3850 m) and Hatuncocha (3900 m). We will go up in a zigzag to visit Alpamayo Base Camp and Arhuaycocha lagoon. From there, we will descent to Taullipampa Camping (4250 m)
- Day 03: Taullipampa – Paso Punta Unión 4750 m – Cachinapampa 3700 m
We will start our trail very early, towards Punta Union Pass (4750 m). It offers magnificent views on Taulliraju, Artesonraju, Pukajircas, Quitaraju, Alpamayo mountains and on some lagoons. After this, we will descent to Cachinapampa or Huaripampa camping.
- Day 04: Cachinapampa – Molino 3600 m
After the breakfast, we will start descenting for approximately 2 hours. We will continue with an ascent to Molino Camp. In our way, we will observe the people from the Andine area.
- Day 05: Molino – Avalancha Camping
In this day, we will have a light trek of approximately 3 – 4 hours to Avalancha, our last camping place.
- Day 06: Avalancha – Paso Yanayacu (4850m) – Ulta – Huaraz
We will start the day with a 2 hours trek till Punta Yanayacu Pass (4850 m). We will observe from closer the glaciers of Contrahierba mountain and the Chopicalqui and Huascaran peaks. We will descent through Ulta Valley, and we will take the private transportation to Huaraz.
- Tour of Acclimatization
- Peruvian Local Guide
- Specialised cook
- First-Aid kit
- Private transportation Huaraz / according to the program / Huaraz
- Complete meals during the trekking program
- Entrance fee of National Park Huascaran
- Donkey Driver
- Cooking equipment
- Collective technical equipment
- Toilette tent / for 2 Persons
- Transfer airport/hotel/airport – Lima
- Nights Hotel in Lima / Double room with breakfast included
- Transfer/bus station/Hotel – Lima
- Bus ticket Huaraz / Lima, executive service in public bus-Movil Tours or Cruz del Sur
- Transfer hotel / busstation – Huaraz in Hotel
- Hotel in Huaraz, according to the program (3 nights). Double room with breakfast included
- Horse (in case of emergency, for trekking)
- Tour of the city
- Travel accident and health insurance
- Food and drink in Lima and Huaraz
- Personal equipment (tent, sleeping bag, backpack, harness, hiking pants, mountain jacket (goretex), hiking shoes, matraz, suitable clothing, personal medicine, crampons, ice axe, sunglasses, etc.)
Prices & Dates
Season:April - October
Dates & Prices:
Off-Price: 000,00 - 000,00 USD from 04 pax, per person
From / To
12.04 - 19.04.2018
Photo and Video