You are here: Home / Trekking / Expedition Nevado Pisco - Alpamayo
Expedition Nevado Pisco - Alpamayo
- Duration: 10 days
- Altitud: Pisco 5752 / Alpamayo 5947 msnm
- Dificult: Dificult
- Season: May - September
is a mountain in the Cordillera Blanca range, which is part of the larger mountain range, Huandoy Massif, located in the Yungay province.
Nowadays considered by visitors as a mountain which offers spectacular views, the normal route to the west of Pisco is ideal for adapting to the altitude and is chosen by many hikers to finish their trek with or in order to acclimatize before going on a more technical hike.
is a mountain in the Andean Cordillera, located in the Peruvian territory with an altitude of 5947m above sea level. It is one of the peaks that attracts most attention in the Cordillera Blanca in the Peruvian Andes. It was considered by the newspaper Alpinismo (May 1966) as the “most beautiful mountain in the world”.
Day 01: Huaraz - Cebollpampa (3900 m) - Base Camp (4700 m)
From Huaraz, we will take a shuttle to Cebollapampa (approx. 2 to 3 hours). On the way, you will be able to appreciate amazing sights such as two beautiful lagoons: Chinancocha (lag. Hembra) and Orconcocha (lag. Macho).
We will follow the Llanguna Valley to Cebollapampa. From there, we will begin the hike to Campo Morrena, where we will camp for the night. The hike will last approx. 4 to 5 hours.
Day 02: Ascent - Summit Nevado Pisco (5752 m) - Base Camp
We will start hiking at 3 am, crossing through a few moraines on the way to the glacier. Then, we will climb a slope (35°-40° of inclination) until we reach the peak, where we will be rewarded with spectacular views, such as the gigantic Chacraraju, the Artesonraju, Huandoys, Caraz, Huascaran and Alpamayo amongst others.
Later we will descend to Campo Morrena where we will be able to rest and have lunch before continuing to Base Camp. Approx. 6 to 7 hours.
Day 03: Base Camp - Huaraz.
On the third day, we will go back down to Cebollapampa where our shuttle bus will be waiting for the drive back to Huaraz. 1h30 to 2h of descent.
Day 04: Huaraz (Day of rest).
Day of rest.
Day 05: Huaraz - llamacoral 3760 m..
From Huaraz we will drive to a village called Cashapampa with our shuttle vehicle. The donkeys and Donkey Driver will be waiting for us there. From there, we will begin our trail through the Santa Cruz valley until reaching Llamacoral, where we will set up camp. Approx. 4 to 5 hours.
Day 06: Llamacoral - Base Camp.
On day 2 we will start our trail in the same valley where the views of two beautiful lakes, Chinacocha and Orconcocha can be enjoyed. Then we will take a Zigzag trail to Base Camp. Approx. 5 hours.
Day 07: Base Camp Alpamayo – Moraine Camp 4900 m.
We will hike up to High Camp, first via a rocky trail until arriving at the glacier, then we will trek through ice and snow with some steep parts until we get to 5450m where we will set up camp.
Day 08: High Camp - Summit 5947 m.
The hike will start at 1 am, trekking until we surpass a bergschrund where the technical part in the ice begins until we reach the summit. Then we will abseil down to High Camp. Approx. 6 to 7 hours. (optional: can go down to base camp).
Day 09: High Camp - Base Camp
Relaxed descent to base camp. Approx. 4 to 5 hours
Day 10: Base Camp – Cashapampa - Huaraz
Walk back through Santa Cruz Valley to Cashapampa, where our vehicle will be waiting for us. Approx. 4 to 5 hours.
- Entrance fee to the Huascarán National Park, US$25.00 per person
- Transfer hotel/busstation – Huaraz in Hotel
- Peruvian Local Guide
- Cook (s)
- Porter (for climbing part)
- Donkey drivers
- Private transportation Huaraz/according to the program/Huaraz
- Complete meals during the trek program and climbing program
- Kitchen/dinning tent
- Cooking equipment
- Collective technical equipment
- Toilette tent
- Tents for 2 Person
- Travel accident and health insurance
- Transfer/bus station/Hotel – Lima
- Transfer airport/hotel/airport – Lima
- Nights Hotel in Lima / Double room with breakfast included
- City touring Lima
- Hotel In Huaraz,according to the program 2 nights. Double room with breakfast included
- Bus ticket Huaraz/Lima, executive service in public bus-Movil Tours or Cruz del Sur
- Horse(in case of emergency,for trekking parts)
- Travel luggage and Travel cancellation insurance
- Not mentioned food and beverages
- Personal Spending
- Personal camping and climbing equipment (sleeping bag, climbing boots, crampons, ice axe, gaiters, harness, snow glasses, appropriate clothes, personal medicines, etc.)
Llamacoral 3760 m.
Nev. Alpamayo - Base Camp
Summit Nev. Alpamayo
2020 Andean Peaks S.A.C.
All Rights Reserved | Site by INDEX.pe