You are here: Home / Trekking / Climbing Nevados Vallunaraju & Pisco
Climbing Nevados Vallunaraju & Pisco
- Duration: 06 days
- Dificult: Easy
- Vallunaraju: 5686m msnm
- Pisco: 5752 msnm
- Route: Route Normal
- Season:April - Noviembre
is located in the northern part of the Ranrapalca Glacier, in the Cordillera Blanca. It can be seen from the city of Huaraz and has an icy climate. Its name is Quechuan, meaning Peak of dreams and has spectacular views of the Cordillera Blanca. It is a mountaineers´ favourite mountain because of its relatively easy access and is also a good way to acclimatize.
is a mountain in the Cordillera Blanca range, which is part of the larger mountain range, Huandoy Massif, located in the Yungay province.
Nowadays considered by visitors as a mountain which offers spectacular views, the normal route to the west of Pisco is ideal for adapting to the altitude and is chosen by many hikers to finish their trek with or in order to acclimatize before going on a more technical hike.
Lima – Huaraz ( A Bus transfer, Travel duration around 8 hours or 50 minutes Flight from Lima
Acclimatization Churup lake
This is a very good hike for acclimatizing. From Huaraz we go by car to the village of Pitec. On the way we pass several picturesque villages, such as Unchus and Llupa.
At 3850 meter we start our easy hike up to Lake Churup with its blue colors sitting at an altitude of 4440 m underneath snow-capped Churup mountain (5495). The last 100 meter before arriving to the lake involves some scrambling over steep rocks. And then come back to Huaraz for the same way.
- Day 01: Huaraz (3090m) – Campo Morena (4800m)
Journey in shuttle vehicle for approx 1 ½ to 2 hours. Then, we will climb to Campo Morrena with a view of Ranrapalca Peak, Ocshapalca until reaching 4800m where we will camp for the night. Approx. 3hours
- Day 02: Campo Morena – Summit (5686m) – Huaraz
The hike will start at 2 am, going across several moraines until we reach the wide glacier and climb to the top where we will be rewarded with views of the Ranrapalca, Huantsan and other peaks. Later, we will descend to campo Morrena.
Walk back down to the refuge and return to Huaraz in the shuttle. Approx. 5 hours.
- Day 03: Huaraz -Cebollapampa (3850m)-Campo Base (4650m)
From Huaraz, we will take a shuttle to Cebollapampa (approx. 2 to 3 hours). On the way, you will be able to appreciate amazing sights such as two beautiful lagoons: Chinancocha (lag. Hembra) and Orconcocha (lag. Macho). We will follow the Llanguna Valley to Cebollapampa. From there, we will begin the hike to base camp, where we will camp for the night. The hike will last approx. 4 to 5 hours.
- Day 04: Base camp - summit Pisco (5752 m) – Base Camp
We start very early, at 3:00, traversing various moraines to reach the glacier. We then pass very steep slopes (inclination 35-40°) to reach the peak. A magnificent view opens in front of us, including the gigantic Chacraraju, Artesonraju (Paramount logo), Huandoys, Caraz, Huascaran, Alpamayo and others. We then descend to Base camp. 6-7 hours aprox.
- Day 05: Base Camp - Huaraz
On the third day, we will go back down to Cebollapampa where our shuttle bus will be waiting for the drive back to Huaraz. 1h30 to 2h of descent.
- Tour of Aclimatizzation
- Peruvian Mountain Guide (UIAGM / AGMP)
- Specialised cook
- Entrance to the Huascaran national park.
- First-Aid kit
- Private transport between Huaraz / start and end of trek.
- Complete meals during the trekking program
- Donkey driver
- Kitchen / dinning tent.
- Collective technical equipment
- Camping equipment
- Tent for 2 Person
- Toilette tent
- Travel accident and health insurance
- Pick-up from the station and transfer to the Hotel reserved for you in Huaraz.
- Transfers from the airport / hotel / airport - Lima
- Hotel accommodation in Lima.
- Tour of the city
- Transfer from the station to the hotel / station / hotel - Lima
- Bus ticket Huaraz / Lima,
- Hotel accommodation in accordance with tour program.
- Food and drink in Lima and Huaraz
- Travel luggage and Travel cancellation insurance
- Not mentioned food and beverages
- Personal Spending
- Personal equipment (tent, sleeping bag, backpack, harness, hiking pants, mountain jacket (goretex), hiking shoes, matraz, suitable clothing, personal medicine, crampons, ice axe, sunglasses, etc.)
Prices & Dates
Photo and Video