You are here: Home / Trekking / Trekking Cedros Alpamayo
Trekking Cedros Alpamayo - Ulta Circuit
- Duration: 12D/11N
- Altitud: 2900 m – 4850m
- Route:Cedros Alpamayo Ulta Circuit
- Dificult: Moderate
- Season:April - October
This is one of the most beautiful circuits in Cordillera Blanca. Its biggest attractions are Alpamayo Mountain, considered the most beautiful mountain in the world, and several beautiful colorful lagoons. This scenic, picturesque trail takes you through the heart of the Cordillera Blanca Mountain Chain. You get a multitude of panoramic views towards snowy peaks, mainly from the high passes. Also, you have the possibility to observe the traditional lifestyle of the small agricultural communities from the area, isolated in this beautiful, remote valley.
Lima – Huaraz ( A Bus transfer, Travel duration around 8 hours or 50 minutes Flight from Lima
Huaraz - Aclimatizzation Churup lake
This is a very good hike for acclimatizing. From Huaraz we go by car to the village of Pitec. On the way we pass several picturesque villages, such as Unchus and Llupa.
At 3850 meter we start our easy hike up to Lake Churup with its blue colors sitting at an altitude of 4440 m underneath snow-capped Churup mountain (5495). The last 100 meter before arriving to the lake involves some scrambling over steep rocks. And then come back to Huaraz for the same way.
- Day 01: Huaraz – Hualcayan 2900 m
After an early breakfast, we will transfer from Huaraz to Hualcayan. There, our carriers will be waiting for us with their mules. We will spend the night in Hualcayan.
- Day 02: Hualcayan – Wishcash 3700 m
In this day, we will ascent to Wishcash on a zigzag tail. There will be our next camping place.
- Day 03: Wishcash – Cullicocha Pass 4600 m – Paso Vientunan 4800 m – Ruinapampa 4100 m
After breakfast, we will start the trek towards Cullicocha lagoon (4400 m). This beautiful place offers views towards Santa Cruz. We will go up to Cullicocha Pass (4850 m), also known as Los Cedros. From there, we will observe the peaks and lakes. After a descent, we will go up again towards the second Pass – Vientunan (4800 m). We will continue to Alpamayo Valley and to Ruinapampa, the next camping place.
- Day 04: Ruinapampa – Jancarurish 4200 m
In this day, we will start the trail through the beautiful Alpamayo Valley. Meanwhile, we will observe some antique stone constructions and ruins. Also, we will get to see the South-Eastern part of Alpamayo – its pyramid face.
Duration: approx. 3 – 4 hrs.
- Day 05: Resting day (visit to Alpamayo view point)
We will visit the Alpamayo Base Camp and the Alpamayo view point.
- Day 06: Jancarurish – Paso Caracara 4700 m – Safuna 4250 m
After breakfast, we will cross the river. During our trail, we will always have a view on Alpamayo. We will ascend to Caracara Pass (4700 m), and then we will descent through Moyobamba Valley, down to our next camping place – Safuna.
- Day 07: Safuna – Paso Willca 4500 m – Jancapampa 3400 m
We will start the day by ascending to Willka Pass (4500 m). There, we will have beautiful panoramic views to Pucajirca mountain. We will descent to Jancapampa camping, where we will meet Andine Quechua people.
- Day 08: Jancapampa – Tupatupa Pass 4300 m – Huecrococha 4200 m
In the morning, we will start going up through a village, observing adobe houses and cultivated camps. We will reach Tupatupa Pass, that from where we will see the beautiful landscape of the oriental side of Cordillera Mountains. We will descent to our next camping place – Huecrococha (4200 m).
- Day 09: Huecrococha – Pucaraju Pass 4750 m – Cachinapampa
In this day, we will ascent to Pucarju Pass (4750 m). We will enjoy the beautiful views towards Taulliraju, Rinrijirca, Artesonraju and other mountains. After this, we will descent to Paria or Cachinapampa village.
- Day 10: Cachinapampa – Molino Camp 3600 m
After breakfast, we will descent for approximately 2 hours, and then we will start ascending to Molino Camp. On our way, we could observe the people from the Andine area.
- Day 11: Molino – Avalancha Camping
In this day, we will have a light 3 – 4 hours walk towards Avalancha, our last camping place.
- Day 12: Avalancha – Paso Yanayacu 4850m – Ulta – Huaraz
We will start the day with a 2 hours trek until Punta Yanayacu Pass (4850 m). We will observe from close the glaciers of Contrahierba Mountain and the Chopicalqui and Huascaran peaks. We will descent through Ulta Valley, and we will take the private transportation to Huaraz.
- Tour of Acclimatization
- Peruvian Local Guide
- Specialised cook
- First-Aid kit
- Private transportation Huaraz / according to the program / Huaraz
- Complete meals during the trekking program
- Entrance fee of National Park Huascaran
- Donkey Driver
- Cooking equipment
- Collective technical equipment
- Toilette tent / for 2 Person
- Transfer airport/hotel/airport – Lima
- Nights Hotel in Lima / Double room with breakfast included
- Transfer/bus station/Hotel – Lima
- Bus ticket Huaraz / Lima, executive service in public bus-Movil Tours or Cruz del Sur
- Transfer hotel / busstation – Huaraz in Hotel
- Hotel in Huaraz, according to the program (3 nights). Double room with breakfast included
- Horse (in case of emergency, for trekking)
- Tour of the city
- Travel accident and health insurance
- Food and drink in Lima and Huaraz
- Personal equipment (tent, sleeping bag, backpack, harness, hiking pants, mountain jacket (goretex), hiking shoes, matraz, suitable clothing, personal medicine, crampons, ice axe, sunglasses, etc.)
Prices & Dates
Season:April - October
Dates & Prices:
Off-Price: 000,00 - 000,00 USD from 04 pax, per person
From / To
13.05 - 24.05.2018
Photo and Video