You are here: Home / Trekking / Climbing Tocllaraju Mountain
- Duration: 08 days
- Dificult: Easy - Moderate
- Pisco: 5947 msnm
- Tocllaraju: 6034 msnm
- Route: Route Normal
- Season:May - September
lies in Cordillera Blanca and forms a part of a mountain range called Macizo de Huandoy. It lies in the central part of Cordillera Blanca, in Yunghay province.
It became a popular mountain due to its spectacular views and an easy approach. The normal western route is ideal for acclimatization and many mountaineers use it as a finish of their trek or as a beginning to acclimate before climbing technically more challenging mountains.
Located in the Ishinca Valley north east of Huaraz, the main advantage of this mountain is that it can be climbed down without any rappels. There are great views from the top.
Lima – Huaraz ( A Bus transfer, Travel duration around 8 hours or 50 minutes Flight from Lima
Acclimatization Wilcacocha lake
It is located a short walk outside the town of Huaraz. We visit the Cordillera Negra, from where one has a magnificent view of the Cordillera Blanca. On a beautiful lagoon we will be able to see wild ducks.
We started at 9 am until Santa Cruz(Village) bridge. Then we will start our trek towards the wilcacocha lagoon. 2 hrs approx.
- Day 01: Huaraz -Cebollapampa (3850m)- Base Camp (4650m
From Huaraz, we will take a shuttle to Cebollapampa (approx. 2 to 3 hours). On the way, you will be able to appreciate amazing sights such as two beautiful lagoons: Chinancocha (lag. Hembra) and Orconcocha (lag. Macho). We will follow the Llanguna Valley to Cebollapampa. From there, we will begin the hike to Base camp, where we will camp for the night. The hike will last approx. 2 to 3 hours.
- Day 02: base camp- Summit (5752m)- Base Camp
We will start hiking at 1 am, crossing through a few moraines on the way to the glacier. Then, we will climb a slope (35°-40° of inclination) until we reach the peak, where we will be rewarded with spectacular views, such as the gigantic Chacraraju, the Artesonraju, Huandoys, Caraz, Huascaran and Alpamayo amongst others. After we will descend to Base Camp. Approx. 6 to 7 hours.
- Day 03: Base Camp – Cebollapampa - Huaraz
On the third day, we will go back down to Cebollapampa where our shuttle bus will be waiting for the drive back to Huaraz. 1h30 to 2h of descent.
- Day 04: Rest day
Free day in Huaraz
- Day 05: Huaraz – Base camp Ishinca (4350m)
From Huaraz, we will drive to Cochapamapa where our donkey driver will be waiting. There we will begin our walk through a forest of Quenuales until Base Camp. Approx. 4 hours.
- Day 06: Base Camp – High Camp (5250m)
We will take a zigzag trail that will last 4 hours until we reach 5100m where we will camp for the night.
- Day 07: High camp – Summit Tocllaraju (6034m) – Base camp
We will start hiking the ascent at 1am along a large glacier until we get to the first 50m wall (55-65°). After climbing it, we will reach a ridge with views of the Callejon de Conchucos. We will carry on to the summit where we will be rewarded with a splendid view. In the afternoon, we will descend to base camp. Approx. 6 to 7 hours.
- Day 08: Base camp – Huaraz
On the last day, we will have an easy walk to Cochapampa and will return to Huaraz in our vehicle. Approx. 3.5hrs
- Tour of Aclimatizzation
- Peruvian Mountain Guide (UIAGM / AGMP)
- Specialised cook
- Entrance to the Huascaran national park.
- First-Aid kit
- Private transport between Huaraz / start and end of trek.
- Complete meals during the trekking program
- Donkey driver
- Kitchen / dinning tent.
- Collective technical equipment
- Camping equipment
- Tent for 2 Person
- Toilette tent
- Travel accident and health insurance
- Pick-up from the station and transfer to the Hotel reserved for you in Huaraz.
- Transfers from the airport / hotel / airport - Lima
- Hotel accommodation in Lima.
- Tour of the city
- Transfer from the station to the hotel / station / hotel - Lima
- Bus ticket Huaraz / Lima,
- Hotel accommodation in accordance with tour program.
- Food and drink in Lima and Huaraz
- Travel luggage and Travel cancellation insurance
- Not mentioned food and beverages
- Personal Spending
- Personal equipment (tent, sleeping bag, backpack, harness, hiking pants, mountain jacket (goretex), hiking shoes, matraz, suitable clothing, personal medicine, crampons, ice axe, sunglasses, etc.)
Prices & Dates
Photo and Video