You are here: Home / Trekking / Expediton Alpamayo Mountain
Urus – Ishinca – Tocllaraju Mountain,
- Duration: 14 days
- Dificult: Easy - Moderate
- Urus: 5450 msnm
- Ishinca: 5550 msnm
- Tocllaraju: 6034 msnm
- Alpamayo: 6947 msnm
- Route: Route Normal
- Season:May - September
are located in the Cordillera Blanca and belong to the Chinchey Massif. They are located in the Ishinca Valley, chosen by many tourists for an easy acclimatization before climbing any other mountain which is higher than 6000m above sea level.
is a mountain in the Andean Cordillera, located in the Peruvian territory with an altitude of 5947m above sea level. It is one of the peaks that attracts most attention in the Cordillera Blanca in the Peruvian Andes. It was considered by the newspaper Alpinismo (May 1966) as the “most beautiful mountain in the world”
Lima – Huaraz ( A Bus transfer, Travel duration around 8 hours or 50 minutes Flight from Lima
Acclimatization Churup lake
This is a very good hike for acclimatizing. From Huaraz we go by car to the village of Pitec. On the way we pass several picturesque villages, such as Unchus and Llupa.
At 3850 meter we start our easy hike up to Lake Churup with its blue colors sitting at an altitude of 4440 m underneath snow-capped Churup mountain (5495). The last 100 meter before arriving to the lake involves some scrambling over steep rocks. And then come back to Huaraz for the same way.
- Day 01: Huaraz – Pashpa – Base Camp (4350m)
From Huaraz we will drive to Cochapamapa where our Donkey Driver will be waiting for us. From there we will start our hike, going through a forest of Quenuales trees until Base Camp. Approx. 4 hours
- Day 02: Base Camp – Urus Summit – Base Camp
We will start our ascent at 3 am by a steep ridge until we reach the glacier, before climbing along a spectacular ridge to the summit, with views of the Tocllaraju and Ranrapalca peaks among others. After the summit, we will go down to base camp. Approx. 5 hours.
- Day 03: Base Camp – Ishinca Summit – Base Camp
We will start our ascent at 3 am, taking a zigzag trail to the glacier, where we will begin our journey to the top. From there, we will have a truly panoramic view. Then, we will go down to base camp.
- Day 04: Rest day
Rest day. Optional only. It is also possible to go on a 2 hour walk to Lake Milhuacocha this day.
- Day 05: Base Camp – Campo Morena (5100m)
We will hike a zigzag trail for four hours until we reach 5100m, where we set up camp.
- Day 06: Campo Morena – Tocllaraju summit (6034m) – Base Camp
We will start hiking the ascent at 1am along a large glacier until we get to the first 50m wall (55-65°). After climbing it, we will reach a ridge with views of the Callejon de Conchucos. We will carry on to the summit where we will be rewarded with a splendid view. In the afternoon, we will descend to base camp. Approx. 6 to 7 hours.
- Day 07: Base Camp – Pashpa – Huaraz
On the last day we will go on an easy trail to go back to Chacapampa and return to Huaraz with our private vehicle. Approx. 3 ½ hours.
- Day 08: Rest days (Huaraz)
- Day 09: Huaraz – Cashapampa (2800m) – Llamacoral (3750m)
From Huaraz we will drive to a village called Cashapampa with our shuttle vehicle. The donkeys and Donkey Driver will be waiting for us there. From there, we will begin our trail through the Santa Cruz valley until reaching Llamacoral, where we will set up camp. Approx. 4 to 5 hours.
- Day 10: Llamacoral – Base Camp (4250m)
On day 2 we will start our trail in the same valley where the views of two beautiful lakes, Chinacocha and Orconcocha can be enjoyed. Then we will take a Zigzag trail to Base Camp. Approx. 5 hours.
- Day 11: Base Camp – High Camp (5450m)
We will hike up to High Camp, first via a rocky trail until arriving at the glacier, then we will trek through ice and snow with some steep parts until we get to 5450m where we will set up camp.
- Day 12: High Camp – Summit Alpamayo Mountain (5947m)
The hike will start at 1 am, trekking until we surpass a bergschrund where the technical part in the ice begins until we reach the summit. Then we will abseil down to High Camp. Approx. 6 to 7 hours. (optional: can go down to base camp)
- Day 13: High Camp – Base Camp
Relaxed descent to base camp. Approx. 4 to 5 hours
- Day 14: Base Camp – Cashapampa – Huaraz
Walk back through Santa Cruz Valley to Cashapampa, where our vehicle will be waiting for us. Approx. 4 to 5 hours.
- Tour of Aclimatizzation
- Peruvian Mountain Guide (UIAGM / AGMP)
- Specialised cook
- Entrance to the Huascaran national park.
- First-Aid kit
- Private transport between Huaraz / start and end of trek.
- Complete meals during the trekking program
- Donkey driver
- Kitchen / dinning tent.
- Collective technical equipment
- Camping equipment
- Tent for 2 Person
- Toilette tent
- Travel accident and health insurance
- Pick-up from the station and transfer to the Hotel reserved for you in Huaraz.
- Transfers from the airport / hotel / airport - Lima
- Hotel accommodation in Lima.
- Tour of the city
- Transfer from the station to the hotel / station / hotel - Lima
- Bus ticket Huaraz / Lima,
- Hotel accommodation in accordance with tour program.
- Food and drink in Lima and Huaraz
- Travel luggage and Travel cancellation insurance
- Not mentioned food and beverages
- Personal Spending
- Personal equipment (tent, sleeping bag, backpack, harness, hiking pants, mountain jacket (goretex), hiking shoes, matraz, suitable clothing, personal medicine, crampons, ice axe, sunglasses, etc.)
Prices & Dates
Photo and Video