You are here: Home / Trekking / Lake 69, Climbing Yanapaccha + Chopicalqui
Trek Lake 69, Climbing Yanapaccha + Chopicalqui
Trek lake 69 (4600 m): Easy
Yanapaccha 5460 m: Moderate
Chopicalqui 6354 m: moderate - difficult
- Duration: 09 days
- Altitud: Yanapaccha 5460 m. / Chopicalqui 6354 msnm
- Dificult: Moderate to Dificult
- Season: May - September
- Day 14.06: Huaraz - Yurac Corral - Lake 69 (4600 m)
We will leave Huaraz in direction of the city called Yungay, 55km north of Huaraz. The hike starts in a place called Cabollapampa, and it will take approx. 3 to 4 hours to reach the laguna. We will stay at the top for around an hour before heading back down and returning to Huaraz
On the return trip we have splendid views of snowcapped Mount Huascaran, Chopicalqui, Huandoy and Pisco, and very near we see Mount Chacraraju, and Yanapacha. 3 - 4 hrs aprox.
- Day 15.06: Yurac Corral - Km 42 - Morraine Camp Yapanapaccha (5000 m)
This day we go until Kilometer 42 by car. Once there, we will start our hike, going through Campo Morrena. Approx. 3.5 hrs of transport and a 4-hour walk.
- Day 16.06: Morraine Camp - Glacier(Glacier rescue course)
This day we will have a 20 minute hike to the glacier where we will practice ice climbing, rescue and others.
- Day 17.06: Morraine Camp - Summit Yanapaccha 5460 m. - Morraine Camp.
We will start hiking the ascent at 3 am, crossing a moraine until we reach the wide glacier. We will then climb the 180m Wall (50-60°) until we reach the summit. There, we will enjoy spectacular views of glaciers, such as the Huascaran, Chopicalqui, Pisco, Huandoys and others.
Later, we will start descending via a ridge, with views of the Chacraraju, to the morraine.
The ascent is approx. 5 to 6 hours. The descent to camp is approx. 3 to 4 hours.
- Day 18.06: Morraine Camp - Base Camp Chopicalqui.
On the fourth day we will begin to descend to base camp. 3 to 4 hrs approx.
- Day 19.06: Base Camp (4430 m) - Morraine Camp (4900 m)
We will start our hike passing for rocks, before reaching a ridge and continuing until we reach morraine Camp where we will spend the night. Approx. 4 to 5 hours.
- Day 20.06: Morraine Camp - High Camp (5350 m)..
We will start the hike by crossing several moraines until we reach the glacier. Then, we will start the journey up to the 5380m point where we will set up camp. Approx. 4 hours.
- Day 21.06: High Camp - Chopicalqui Summit (6350 m) - Morraine Camp
We will start our hike at 1 am, ascending until we reach the ridge, before continuing onto the first wall (50m, 50-60°) and then the second wall (60m, 50-65°) (please note that the inclination varies every year). We will climb to the top where great mountain views will await us. Later, we will descend to Campo Morrena. Approx. 5 to 6 hour hike.
- Day 22.06: Morraine Camp - Huaraz.
On the last day, we will descend to the hairpin curve, where our ride will be waiting for us to return to Huaraz. Approx. 3 to 4 hours.
- Transfer hotel/busstation – Huaraz in Hotel
- Hotel In Huaraz,according to the program. Double room with breakfast included
- Peruvian Guide (UIAGM - IFMGA)
- Cook (s)
- Porter (for climbing part)
- Donkey drivers
- Private transportation Huaraz/according to the program/Huaraz
- Complete meals during the trek program and climbing program
- Kitchen/dinning tent
- Cooking equipment
- Collective technical equipment
- Toilette tent
- Tents for 2 Person
- Entrance fee to the Huascarán National Park
- Travel accident and health insurance
- Transfer/bus station/Hotel – Lima
- Transfer airport/hotel/airport – Lima
- Nights Hotel in Lima / Double room with breakfast included
- City touring Lima
- Bus ticket Huaraz/Lima, executive service in public bus-Movil Tours or Cruz del Sur
- Horse(in case of emergency,for trekking parts)
- Travel luggage and Travel cancellation insurance
- Not mentioned food and beverages
- Personal Spending
- Personal camping and climbing equipment (sleeping bag, climbing boots, crampons, ice axe, gaiters, harness, snow glasses, appropriate clothes, personal medicines, etc.)
Llamacoral 3760 m.
Nev. Alpamayo - Base Camp
Summit Nev. Quitaraju
2022 Andean Peaks S.A.C.
All Rights Reserved | Site by INDEX.pe